Apple and Cinnamon Dog Biscuits30 min 1 Review
It’s apple season and you aren’t the only one who’s is excited to try fall-inspired recipes. Your pup is going to love these cinnamon apple dog treats baked with in-season fruit at their nutritious peak.
- 1 large apple
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/8 cup of water
- 1.5 cups of white rice flour (you can also opt for brown rice flour or buckwheat flour)
- 1 cup of oats
- Peanut butter (optional, but worth adding since peanut butter is a treat in itself!)
How to make them:
- Preheat oven to 350⁰F (180⁰C).
- Peel apple and cut into small pieces. Make sure you take out any seeds as they contain cyanide.
- Place apple pieces and water into a bowl and mash using a potato masher.
- Fold in the oats and cinnamon, and add in the flour until a dough is formed.
- Sprinkle your counter with a bit of flour, and roll out the dough.
- Use your dog’s favourite cookie cutter and place treats on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, leaving them in the oven to dehydrate further with the oven off for 2 additional hours.
- Take a butter knife and ice the cookies with a thin layer of peanut butter before serving.
These treats are perfect as a reward after a romp through mounds of leaves!