Peanut Butter & Molasses Homemade Dog Treat25 minutes 0 Reviews
Love is in the air. What better way to celebrate the month of February and Valentine’s Day than by baking your best bud an all time favorite… peanut butter homemade dog treats! Peanut butter is a real winner amongst dogs. Pet parents use it to feed medication, put it on toys for teething, or simply feed it as a much appreciated dog treat. Other than being delicious, peanut butter has its benefits. It’s a good source of protein and vitamins while providing healthy fats. It’s also a safe and healthy treat, especially if you opt for natural, unsalted peanut butter. Take it one step further by baking peanut butter cookies for the everyday reward and shaping it like a heart to simply to tell your furry pal: I love you.
- 2 cups white rice flour
- ½ cup of unsalted natural peanut butter
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How to make it
- Preheat your over to 350° F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Work the dough on a flat surface by rolling it until ¼ inch thick.
- Cut pieces with a cookie cutter or work your artsy skills by cutting and shaping pieces with a knife.
- Place cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake cookies until lightly browned, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Let them cool and store an airtight container in a refrigerator. Makes 3 to 4 dozens.
Remember, treats should not make up more than 10% of your pet’s daily diet.
Now cuddle up on these cold February days and treat your pup to these homemade, comforting treats!