Small breed dogs are compact, full of energy and just simply adorable. If you are looking to adopt a new furry member of the family, here are 7 reasons why a small breed dog could be your perfect match.
- Smaller dogs are popular with city dwellers that live in restricted spaces such as condos and apartments.
- Small breeds are easier to travel with in cars, on trains and on planes. If you are a globetrotter, a small dog could be your best travel buddy.
- These dogs are great lap dogs, giving you lots of opportunity to share the couch or bed.
- Less is more with these little guys: they eat less food, are less messy, and shed less fur.
- Smaller breeds in general require less extensive exercise than their larger counterparts, which works well for people with a busy work schedule.
- Don’t underestimate their size; although small, these dogs can keep guard and warn you of any outdoor noise and movements so you can feel secure.
- Many stores, hotels and even some restaurants will welcome smaller pets, allowing you to bring your pup along for a nice outing.
Do you have a small breed dog? Tell us why your pup is a perfect fit for you!